[rust-dev] C/C++ to Rust cross-compiler [Re: Emscripten for Rust?]

Greg greg at kinostudios.com
Mon Jan 6 11:45:43 PST 2014

Someone very helpfully pointed out the following to me offlist, and so I've changed the subject of the thread:

The word you're looking for is a 'cross compiler' or 'transpiler.'
Saying "emscripten" calls forth an image of a transpiler _to_
JavaScript.

I think this would be super neat, but as was previously said, possibly
too lossy to be useful.