[rust-dev] Emscripten for Rust?

Greg greg at kinostudios.com
Mon Jan 6 09:21:23 PST 2014

Hmm. I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for. I'm not interested in converting C++ to JS, but C++ to Rust.

I think the skepticism expressed in other replies is unwarranted. Between the sort of static analysis that LLVM & Xcode do, along with feedback from a human developer, something could definitely be done to greatly speed up the porting of C++ programs to Rust, and I think many people would love to have that, including the wonderful folks at Mozilla. :-)