[rust-dev] Configuration files library for Rust

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:39:23 PST 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't buy that. A text editor should be more than capable enough to
>  stop you from slipping in tabs. If there's a separate untested
> configuration for production then you have a problem.

This isn't just a single offhand incident. It's something I've seen a
pattern of happening dozens of times over the course of my career. It's
happened to me personally, and I've seen it happen to others.

Having separate configuration sections for different environments is a
rather common convention in the Rails world. Is it a bad idea? Offhand I
can't say: what would you replace it with?

--
Tony Arcieri