[rust-dev] Configuration files library for Rust

Corey Richardson corey at octayn.net
Sat Jan 4 09:38:24 PST 2014

oslo.config looks decent. On some projects I've worked on, we started
out using INI files but found them severely lacking once we wanted to
extend the options. We ended up using libconfig[0], which I think is
an excellent library. In multibuilder[1], we use extra::serialize to
load a config directly into the struct we'll be using. It's super
convenient, but a bit unfortunate in that it's impossible to make a
field truly optional (Option<T> requires the field to be null, iirc).

[0] http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/
[1] https://github.com/huonw/multibuilder/blob/master/main.rs#L68