[rust-dev] Using CMake with Rust

Gaetan gaetan at xeberon.net
Thu Jan 2 07:22:17 PST 2014

I used cmake for years and was quite happy with it, so a support of cmake
is welcomed. I recommend have it "officially" integrated into rust, along
with some other popular toolsets (scon, bare makefiles, visual studio,...).
Even if VS can derive from cmake. This is a strategic added value to have
it provided by the language.

I also would like to add I find this complementary to rust-pkg. For simple
project, this latter might do the job, but for very complex projects, a
full featured build system might be used, so let's have it seamlessly
integrated into rust.

-----
Gaetan