[rust-dev] Why doesn't rust require "mut" param prefix at call site?

martin at minimum.se martin at minimum.se
Thu Jan 2 03:37:01 PST 2014

Thanks, that explains it.Martin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Walton"
And that's just a simple example: start throwing in existential types
 like traits and it becomes clear that you really can't tell from the
 program where mutation could possibly happen, because the types are
 hiding mutability from you. And that's fine--existential types and
 generics deliberately permit that abstraction But it does mean, I
 think, that we can't meaningfully talk about a sound and complete
"mut"
 annotation at call sites.

 Patrick