[rust-dev] Using CMake with Rust

SiegeLord slabode at aim.com
Wed Jan 1 21:32:18 PST 2014

On 01/02/2014 12:05 AM, György Andrasek wrote:
> The proper way to support a language in CMake is outlined in
> `Modules/CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt`:

I was guided away from that method by this email:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-March/043444.html . My
approach is amenable to generating files for alternative build systems,
like ninja. If you are aware that that email is incorrect, I'm glad to
be corrected. Independently of that email, I have looked into doing it
that way, but I found that it just did not mesh with the Rust
compilation model, and I saw no clear way to using the information given
by 'rustc --dep-info' to inform the build system. Additionally, my
macros allow an easy way of doing documentation generation, which that
method doesn't clearly allow.

I'll be glad to be corrected on all those points though.

-SL