[rust-dev] Improvements to the Rust code of conduct

Brian Anderson banderson at mozilla.com
Mon Oct 14 15:29:02 PDT 2013

Hey Rusties!

We've got a truly delightful community here, and as we grow we want to
keep it that way. Today we're making two small additions to our [code of
conduct] to fill in some gaps. The relevant changes are:

* To bullet 6 we've added, "in particular, we don't tolerate behavior
that excludes people in socially marginalized groups."
* A new bullet has been added that says: "Private harassment is also
unacceptable. No matter who you are, if you feel you have been or are
being harassed or made uncomfortable by a community member, please
contact one of the channel ops or any of the Rust core team immediately.
Whether you're a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making
this community a safe place for you and we've got your back."

This last point emphasizes that there is recourse for anybody who feels
like they are being mistreated by other community members.

Thanks, and keep being awesome.

-Brian

[code of conduct]:
https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-development-policy#conduct