[rust-dev] 0.6 prerelease testing

Brian Anderson banderson at mozilla.com
Sat Mar 30 23:26:25 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Here's a prerelease build of Rust 0.6:

http://static.rust-lang.org/dist/rust-0.6.tar.gz
http://static.rust-lang.org/dist/rust-0.6-install.exe

With sha256's:

ebc7ff9dd1a72c9d23e3276c94c8d34b55ff622a0eb1aea4b61d78850e1c5b7e
rust-0.6.tar.gz
5ccfc062242562956f1fdfd252cf16744d704893799404774aa6a6a02065e7b0
rust-0.6-install.exe

It's about time for 0.6, and it looks like all the critical features are
in, so we've got a build ready for testing. This is _not_ a signed
release, just a candidate. If you have some spare cycles please give
this an install and report whether it does what you expect. If all goes
well we will release 0.6 in the next few days.

Our new integration process with bors has been keeping the tree
consistently green so I feel much more confident in this release than
previous ones. We mostly want to prove that the install works on
platforms we tend to support (OS X 10.6+, various Linuxes, and Windows 7
& 2008) and the compiler generally behaves as expected, considering the
various known issues. If you have fixes or features you are passionate
about then now is the time to confirm they are working as intended. We
are doing time based releases though, so there's no need to sweat the
small things - there will be another one in a few months.

-Brian