[rust-dev] TCP Socket Non-blocking IO

paul santa clara kesserich1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:43:14 PDT 2013

Howdy,
     Sorry if this question is in appropriate for this forum, but I'm
pretty stumped and was hoping someone could point me in the right
direction.  Essentially, I'm trying to figure how to go about performing a
non-blocking read from TCP Socket.  I see that there is a future_read fn
implemented in the net_tcp module but any attempt to resolve the resulting
future blocks execution.  What I am really shooting for a is method to
query a socket to see if there is any data available for reading and if
not, go do something else for awhile.

Any thoughts as to how I might accomplish this?

Thanks,
-Paul SC