[rust-dev] Conduct again (was Re: bikeshedding println() and friends)

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Mon Jul 15 13:25:08 PDT 2013

On 13-07-15 04:05 AM, Bennie Kloosteman wrote:
> Go and D are basically C with a few add ons so it makes sense thet want
> to keep things the same that does not mean they are good ... and none of
> those are major languages ..

This is 2 threads in 2 weeks in which you've thrown random slander on
other people's hard work in passing. Doing so lowers the tone of mailing
list threads from polite and constructive to dismissive and combative,
hurts and scares some people off participating altogether, and wastes
everyone's time cooling their emotions back down.

I want to clarify: this is not acceptable behavior here. The 3rd, 4th
and 6th points in our code of conduct[1] try to make this very clear.
Please tone it down. There are nearly 800 busy people reading this list.
Their time and consideration is a gift.

-Graydon

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-development-policy