[rust-dev] Announcing rust-openssl

Erick Tryzelaar erick.tryzelaar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 07:48:36 PST 2013

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that Steven Fackler and I have merged my
rustcrypto and his rust-ssl projects into rust-openssl, found here:

https://github.com/sfackler/rust-openssl

This project exposes many of the OpenSSL symmetric and PKI cryptographic
services, and also supports wrapping a rust `std::io::Stream` with SSL. We
still have some work to do to finish merging the projects together, but all
the tests pass and we are registered with rust-ci. Please try it out and
let us know if you run into any problems.

Thanks,
Erick