[rust-dev] changing roles

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Fri Aug 30 17:05:19 PDT 2013

Hi,

As I'm sure many of you who know me are aware, my role as technical lead
on Rust has been quite draining over the years. Both to myself and to
those I've worked with, it just isn't a great fit for me.

In recognition of this, I am stepping aside to work elsewhere in the
organization, and Brian will be assuming the role of technical lead of Rust.

Brian is one of the most skilled, judicious, professional and productive
developers I've ever worked with. Along with the exceptional skill and
dedication of the rest of the Rust team, I have complete confidence in
the remaining path to a successful 1.x series of what has shaped up to
be an excellent language.

It has been a rare pleasure and privilege to work with the Rust team,
both those inside Mozilla and in the broader community.

Thanks,

-Graydon