[rust-dev] rust-0.6 compilation with system LLVM fails

Jauhien Piatlicki jpiatlicki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 14:36:14 PDT 2013

Hi all,
sorry if this list is an inappropriate place for asking questions, feel
free to point me to the right place or just ignore. )

I have a problem compiling rust with system llvm. I use Gentoo, llvm
version 3.2 is installed in /usr. I configure rust like this:

./configure \
		--prefix=/usr \
		--enable-local-rust \
		--local-rust-root="${WORKDIR}/rust-stage0" \
		--llvm-root="/usr"

where ${WORKDIR}/rust-stage0 points to the dir with stage0 snapshot.

Here is configuration and compilation log: http://bpaste.net/show/89701/

As you can see linker fails with undefined references.
What do I need beside passing --llvm-root="/usr" to configure to compile
rust with system llvm.

Thanks for answering,

Jauhien Piatlicki