[rust-dev] exhaustiveness checking can fail due to confusion of identifier and variant

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:56:28 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Niko Matsakis <niko at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Patrick, how hard would it be to allow something like:
>
>     import A::foo::*
>
> to get all the variants of an enum into scope?

It used to be that import A::foo; *would* get all the variants of an
enum into scope, if foo was an enum. We got rid of this because
Patrick said it was too hard to implement in the context of resolve3.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://catamorphism.org/ * Often in error, never in doubt
"Debate is useless when one participant denies the full dignity of the