[rust-dev] Merge LLVM with the 3.1 release

Elliott Slaughter eslaughter at mozilla.com
Tue Jul 24 09:22:45 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Please note, however, that this branch is currently unhappy with the code we generate in rustc. I'm about to fix this, but if you try it right now, you'll run into assertion failures in the liveness check.

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Zack Corr < zackcorr95 at gmail.com >
> wrote:
>

> On 7/22/12, Jed Davis < jld at panix.com > wrote:
> > ...but that wouldn't fix anyone else's problems.
>
> Well, I'm writing the JIT compiler as a compiler target, not just for
> myself. There's really no reason not to merge with upstream 3.1 or
> 3.2
> anyway, there's numerous fixes and improvements. I don't think it
> would be that hard to merge the Rust patches with it, but I'm not
> sure
> how fundamental the changes are.

It's mainly the GC branch of LLVM (see link to pcwalton's fork above), which we'll need to rebase when we update LLVM.