[rust-dev] I would like to remove typestate.

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 13 16:45:51 PDT 2012

On 12-07-13 9:47 AM, Niko Matsakis wrote:
> On 7/13/12 9:20 AM, Patrick Walton wrote:
>> What function preconditions remain? My understanding was that there
>> weren't any in the Rust compiler and standard libraries...
>
> I think the only ones that remain are two in core::result and some in
> tests.  There may be a few more here or there.

The code as it stands, it seems, is probably not doing anyone any
favours, no. I want to try to figure out a way to support DBC-ish
patterns in a way that works, but that feels to me like something the
current code isn't likely to support.

If you pull it, best to pull it from the manual and website too. No
point advertising something unless we can provide it.

-Graydon