[rust-dev] Using hashmaps with str values without warnings?

Daniel Patterson lists.rust at dbp.mm.st
Sun Jul 8 17:16:11 PDT 2012

I have a data type that is:

hashmap<str, str>

Right now, when I create it (with map::str_hash()), and do anything with it (.insert, .each, .size), it gives me the warning "instantiating copy type parameter with a not implicitly copyable type". Is there any way to tell it that it is okay to copy the strings it contains?

And is this going to be a bad idea; if so, what is the alternative? Is there any way that when I insert values I can give ownership to the hashmap?

Thanks,
Daniel