[rust-dev] Library organization

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 6 16:15:50 PDT 2012

On 12-07-06 9:57 AM, Jesse Jones wrote:

> Tried this, but clients couldn't get at the constructors for the object enum.

At the moment (aside from a lot of bugs in resolve that will get
hammered out, many quite soon in the new resolve code) there's also the
fact that constructors are visibility-controlled independent of enum
type names. This might change, but for now I think you actually need to
export the _whole set_ of constructors, one at a time.

(Yes, very very much not optimal and something we'll eliminate; just
trying to get your code to the place where the client API is what you want)

-Graydon