[rust-dev] Library organization

Jesse Jones jesse9jones at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:00:23 PDT 2012

I didn't mean to do a private reply: my email client does that by default and I don't always remember to fix the reply address.

As far as my problem goes I think it's something you guys have a handle on. But to be clear, what I want to do is write a library with a public API yet have the freedom to physically structure the library however I want. So I want clients to be able to pull in the public API with a single import even if the items were defined in different modules. And this did not work: clients of my library had to use multiple imports.

Here is the actual library code where I re-export the public API: https://github.com/jesse99/rrdf/blob/master/src/rrdf.rs. The thought was that clients could then do `import rrdf::*;` but what they have to do instead is crap like:
import rrdf::object::*;
import rrdf::store::*;

  -- Jesse