[rust-dev] Installing Rust?

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Wed Jul 4 08:00:20 PDT 2012

On 07/03/2012 10:20 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
> On 7/3/2012 1:15 PM, Christian Siefkes wrote:
> 0.2 is the most recent release, but yes, it's sadly a few months behind;
> you'll need to work from git to get newer. We'll have another release out in
> the next week or so, if you prefer to wait for that. From that point on
> we'll be making snapshots of the docs on a per-release basis so you can view
> docs that are contemporary with the release you download.

Thanks, if it's just a week or so, I'll wait for the next release.

I very much like what I've seen from rust so far -- looks like a very
powerful combination of machine-near, practical, and functional. Great work!

On a side note, http://doc.rust-lang.org/doc/core/index.html works
(redirecting to dl.rust-lang.org), but without the "index.html", it gives an
Access Denied error. Same for http://doc.rust-lang.org/doc/std/ instead of
http://doc.rust-lang.org/doc/std/index.html . That's unexpected, and
slightly annoying.

Best regards
	Christian

--
|------- Dr. Christian Siefkes ------- christian at siefkes.net -------
| Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/ | Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|    Peer Production Everywhere:       http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
|---------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
If a child wants to grow up to be a cowgirl, she ought to be able to do it,
or else this world ain't worth living in. I want every little girl--and
every boy, for that matter--to be free to realize their fantasies. Anything
less than that is unacceptable to me.
        -- Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues