[rust-dev] The Rust compiler 0.1 is unleashed

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 26 11:31:23 PST 2012

On 1/22/2012 6:41 AM, David Rajchenbach-Teller wrote:

> As soon as I find some time (and if nobody has done it yet), I'll get
> working on a Mac installer. What's the preferred strategy? Should the
> Mac installer essentially contain the .tgz and build from source? Or do
> we have a reference script that builds a package and that I should adapt
> to Mac?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about mac packaging standards to say. Try
some things that seem like platform-standard ways of doing it and see
what comes out? Nothing's really set in stone at this point; if you need
slightly different make targets or distribution layouts or whatnot we
can just add them.

-Graydon