[rust-dev] Cargo requirements

Thomas Leonard talex5 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:24:51 PST 2012

Hi,

I saw the Rust announcement on OSNews today and had a look through the tutorial.

I noticed that Rust has its own package manager (cargo). I'm hope you
don't mind, but I'm interested in collecting the requirements of the
various language-specific installers out there (Rust's cargo,
Haskell's cabal, Python's easy-install, etc), with a view to finding a
way to address them all in future versions of 0install.

Basically, I'd like to make a list of short-comings in existing
installation systems that cargo addresses (e.g. poor documentation,
too many dependencies, lack of robustness, poor security, etc).

Thanks,

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6  8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1