[rust-dev] First thoughts on Rust

Masklinn masklinn at masklinn.net
Mon Jan 23 09:59:26 PST 2012

On 2012-01-23, at 18:54 , Niko Matsakis wrote:

> I think the criticism is fair enough---even though I authored the current rules I am not sure they are best, though I prefer them to what we had before---but I do want to point out that the rules are not non-deterministic or anything like that.

Oh absolutely, as I note in the next paragraph I understand that there are (pretty simple) rules to it (and I think I understand these rules as well, though I could very well be wrong there) just as there are rules in Erlang and Javascript. The first paragraph is mostly about the feel of it when encountering it, which I believe would plague the language as much as it does e.g. Erlang.