[rust-dev] The Rust compiler 0.1 is unleashed

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 20 14:58:32 PST 2012

On 12-01-20 02:34 PM, Brian Anderson wrote:

> Thanks to everybody who has contributed[1].

Yes, thanks very much. I've been very impressed with all the work
everyone have put in in the past 18 months. Not all of you were involved
at that point, but .. if I think back to the awkward dialect we were
coding in when we published rustboot -- or even the dialect it had
matured to by the time we actually bootstrapped -- it's still a bit
amazing how far we've come. The language released today (absent the
array of last minute, Murphy's law build-breakage and whatnot) is
something I'm quite proud to have helped with.

It's also very satisfying to realize how little of it is my code
anymore; keep the forks and pull requests coming!

-Graydon