[rust-dev] prerelease tarball

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Wed Jan 18 19:36:59 PST 2012

Hi,

I have a certain amount of release-making machinery wired up now, such
that by pushing to "distcheck-snap" on origin you will get a tarball and
.exe uploaded (after a successful "make distcheck") to the dl host. So
you get something like this:

http://dl.rust-lang.org/dist/rust-prerelease.tar.gz

I'd suggest not clicking on that link though -- the resulting tarball is
over 100mb since it includes a complete snapshot of LLVM.

Is this ... acceptable? I'm not really sure what to do about it. LLVM is
too much of a moving target still and our relationship to it is not at
all stable enough to make "use the system LLVM" terribly practical yet.
Or so I believe. Am I correct?

-Graydon