[rust-dev] rust repo will be moving on github shortly

austin seipp as at hacks.yi.org
Tue Jan 10 17:26:37 PST 2012

I'll just go ahead and note that the Wiki sidebar on GitHub is going
to need some changing. While all the pages are now in the
`mozilla/rust` repository - as you would expect, and can verify by
looking at the list of pages - the sidebar still makes references to
the `graydon/rust` repository. So that should be fixed

The sidebar is a custom bit of markdown that can't be directly edited
through the wiki, so I guess you (Graydon) or someone with direct
access will need to fix this. After that, all the subsequent wiki
links can start being fixed.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Graydon Hoare <graydon at mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 12-01-10 04:19 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
>>
>> On 12-01-10 04:13 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
>>
>>> I'm moving the rust repo to the mozilla account on github, away from my
>>> personal account. This will probably break a bunch of scripts and
>>> inbound links and such. Apologies. Figure it's better to do sooner than
>>> later.
>>

>> The repo has been moved. You'll need to update all your remotes in all
>> your workspaces to point to github.com/mozilla/rust rather than
>> github.com/graydon/rust.
>

> Two followup caveats:
>
>  - If you were a direct collaborator before (had push/pull and/or
>    admin access to graydon/rust) you may have been dropped. Contact me
>    to remind me. This is not open season on new admins though; I will
>    double-check!
>
>  - If you forked from graydon/rust, github may still have you as
>    forked from graydon/rust not mozilla/rust. You can redirect this
>    either by manually editing git files or, it seems, it might update
>    automatically next time you do a push to your own origin?
>
> In any case, I have a graydon/rust repo like everyone else now (forked from
> mozilla/rust) so if you happen to mis-file a pull req against me it's not a
> big deal :)
>
> More breakage notices to come if we find any you need to be aware of.
>

> -Graydon

Regards,
Austin