[rust-dev] rust repo will be moving on github shortly

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Tue Jan 10 16:57:49 PST 2012

On 12-01-10 04:19 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
> On 12-01-10 04:13 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
>
>> I'm moving the rust repo to the mozilla account on github, away from my
>> personal account. This will probably break a bunch of scripts and
>> inbound links and such. Apologies. Figure it's better to do sooner than
>> later.
>
> The repo has been moved. You'll need to update all your remotes in all
> your workspaces to point to github.com/mozilla/rust rather than
> github.com/graydon/rust.

Two followup caveats:

   - If you were a direct collaborator before (had push/pull and/or
     admin access to graydon/rust) you may have been dropped. Contact me
     to remind me. This is not open season on new admins though; I will
     double-check!

   - If you forked from graydon/rust, github may still have you as
     forked from graydon/rust not mozilla/rust. You can redirect this
     either by manually editing git files or, it seems, it might update
     automatically next time you do a push to your own origin?

In any case, I have a graydon/rust repo like everyone else now (forked
from mozilla/rust) so if you happen to mis-file a pull req against me
it's not a big deal :)

More breakage notices to come if we find any you need to be aware of.

-Graydon