[rust-dev] Assistance with packages

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 5 15:44:41 PST 2012

We're approaching a first release (which will be somewhat quiet, but
enough to get the "doing releases" ball rolling) and are in need of a
little volunteer help, if possible, making packages.

In particular, I wonder if anyone has experience making .deb, .rpm, and
OSX .dmg packages (or homebrew files, for that matter), and feels like
lending a hand here. The curious part of our distribution is of course
that we're self-hosting so will require either building bootstrap
packages or carrying snapshots or ... something.

-Graydon