[rust-dev] 0.5 prerelease testing

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Fri Dec 21 05:40:27 PST 2012

On 21/12/2012 1:33 AM, John Mija wrote:
> I've installed Windows XP 64bits (under VirtualBox), and I'm using the
> GCC suite from TDM because its 64-bits version works ok.
>
> http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download
>
> I could install correctly the Rust through its installer, but when I run
> "rustc" it shows an error due it's unable to locate the library
> "libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll"

Yes. Unfortunately this is the same issue everyone runs into on windows.
We only support one very specific version of mingw. It really doesn't
work with other ones. We're trying to fix this, as I mentioned
elsewhere in the thread, but it's not fixed this time. Sorry.

Thanks for your testing.

-Graydon