[rust-dev] 0.5 prerelease testing

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Thu Dec 20 20:41:11 PST 2012

On 12-12-20 08:33 PM, James Gao wrote:
> OK, how about supply a seperate package for these this run-time dll, or
> give the exact version/hash for the dll?

We point directly to the version of mingw we test with on the website.

https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-getting-started-developing-Rust

Longer term we're trying to move away from depending on this, and hope
to use clang and/or the windows compiler(s) rather than mingw. We did
not manage to allocate resources to fixing it in this cycle, nor to
providing any other compensations. I'm sorry, hopefully this will
improve in future releases.

-Graydon