[rust-dev] simple hash map for storing structs that contain ~str and/or ~[]

Patrick Walton pwalton at mozilla.com
Mon Dec 17 07:42:42 PST 2012

On 12/17/12 6:42 AM, Tim Taubert wrote:
> Is there anything I can do about this other than using managed boxes? I
> really don't want to force people to use GC.

Try returning a reference from find() instead. It's warning you that
find() is copying out the data (since it returns V and not &V).

Incidentally, that warning may be turned off by default in the future,
since it's incompatible with the new Clone trait and can be annoying in
cases like this.

Patrick