[rust-dev] updated development policy

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Mon Dec 3 09:59:23 PST 2012

Hi,

I've updated the github.com/mozilla/rust development policy[1] slightly
to reflect a change we agreed to[2] last month as part of the 0.5 cycle:
that all substantial incoming changes should go via pull requests and
review, and that we hope to have a bot in control of the final
integration at some point.

Hopefully this doesn't cause any upset. Let us know if you feel it's
unnecessarily restrictive. It's mostly just to avoid "broken trunk
syndrome". Nobody likes a checkout that doesn't build, especially
compilers. We feel like it's time to be stabilizing things, and
more-careful review of changes is a natural part of that process.

-Graydon

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-development-policy
[2] https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Meeting-weekly-2012-10-09