[rust-dev] RFC: Ignore trailing semicolons

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 2 10:30:29 PDT 2012

On 8/2/12 10:07 AM, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:
> fn h() -> int {
>    f();  // result ignored
>    g(); // result returned
> }

It's true, I feel like the current scheme does a better job of
highlighting when a seemingly unused value is significant.

I don't know, I always liked the current rule regarding final values
and—of all our semicolon rules—it seems the easiest to learn.

Probably the weirdest one is the one which I introduced regarding return
values of what are now called `do` and `for` statements. But that can
(and perhaps should) be separately addressed.

Niko