[rust-dev] tool interfaces

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 24 11:06:34 PDT 2012

On 4/24/2012 10:59 AM, Benjamin Striegel wrote:
> Here's a summary of Go's subcommands, which could be useful for a
> starting point:

> Not intending to throw more fuel on the Rust vs. Go fire, but they do
> have a lot of good ideas! :)

Thanks! Handy to see but I'm not sure which principles fall out of that
list aside from "all the tools that got written previously, now under
one tool interface!"

No need to consider go's competitive existence a fire to put fuel on;
they're sufficiently different projects that they can peacefully coexist
and just copy good ideas. We copy ideas from lots of languages. Everyone
does.

-Graydon