[rust-dev] -L flag now also used for native libraries

Brian Anderson banderson at mozilla.com
Mon Apr 16 12:40:19 PDT 2012

Hey.

Using bindings has been complicated by our lack of configuration for
locating native libraries. Until now we've had to hack in `link_args`
attributes in order to specify where native libraries live. Today I
checked in a change that makes the `-L` flag also apply to native
libraries, so when you want to run bindgen with your build of libclang
located at /home/brian/dev/clang-for-bindgen/Release+Asserts/lib you can
simply write `rustc bindgen.rc -L
/home/brian/dev/clang-for-bindgen-/Release+Asserts/lib`. Yay.

-Brian