[rust-dev] Class UI

Kobi Lurie kobi2187 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 00:25:33 PDT 2012

what about a private new() in the class, that returns the allocated
instance, and a public 'make' fn, with how many overloads you want, to
serve as a ctor. rustc can require that atleast one 'make' fn will exist
for a class, and that it returns the same object that came from new().
(the user cannot write a fn named 'make', if it doesn't return the class
type, and the actual object from new().  -- if it's possible to verify
such a thing statically)

bye, kobi