[rust-dev] enscripten demo?

Brian Anderson banderson at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 3 10:19:42 PDT 2012

On 04/03/2012 09:59 AM, Mohd. Bilal Husain wrote:
> After I couldn't build on SunOS (as host) due to lack of swap space
> (one of the hindrance), knowledge and control of machine, in general,
> I was wondering that with all llvm bindings, it should be
> straightforward to run emscripten on Rust's IR generated for LLVM. And
> indeed there seems to be working pieces.* What I want to know is
> whether there's an online demo or compiled javascript which I can play
> with?

Nobody has done this yet, but it gets talked about frequently and would
be awesome. Getting something working minimally would not be too
difficult. You would probably start by running rust bitcode through
emscripten, then rewriting missing runtime functions in javascript. I
would love patches for this.