[rust-dev] Fwd: minor things that annoy you about Rust?

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:22:05 PST 2011

> and there'll always be that one jerk on your team who runs their literals together without the separator.

*raises hand*

But seriously, I think that if our approach to type inference
supported it, inferring the type of literals (with warning for
overflows) would be great. But it doesn't -- or rather, it doesn't to
the extend where the result would be pleasant to program with -- so
I'm okay with just living with the suffixes.

I do prefer 'u8' to 'b' (or similar), simply because it's easier to remember.