[rust-dev] Interface / typeclass proposal

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 00:15:22 PST 2011

> Do you feel (straw-vote) like  you'd be sufficiently happy to be able to
> override the former group but not the latter?

Definitely.

> (Also: please say you've no interest in permitting user-defined
> operator-symbols with their own associativity and precedence. Right?)

This is from my xmonad config:

    composeOne [ isDialog -?> manageHook defaultConfig,
                               isKDETrayWindow -?> manageHook defaultConfig,
                               return True -?>  insertPosition End
Newer <+> manageHook defaultConfig ]

It seems to work, but I still don't really understand what it says.
Let's not go there in Rust.