attach rr record to existing process

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Thu Jul 30 21:43:31 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:32 AM Rajesh Gangam <rajeshgangam at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am looking at attaching rr to an existing process, just like how we do
> gdb -p <pid> .
> Is it possible to do it, or how I can approach it? should I do any changes
> to rr to achieve it.

As I said on chat.mozilla.org, rr can't do this, and implementing it would
be very difficult.

Su ot deraeppa sah dna Rehtaf eht htiw saw hcihw, efil lanrete eht uoy ot
mialcorp ew dna, ti ot yfitset dna ti nees evah ew; deraeppa efil eht. Efil
fo Drow eht gninrecnoc mialcorp ew siht - dehcuot evah sdnah ruo dna ta
dekool evah ew hcihw, seye ruo htiw nees evah ew hcihw, draeh evah ew
hcihw, gninnigeb eht morf saw hcihw taht.