rr debugger logic during record phase

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Fri Oct 11 21:17:13 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:14 AM tinkerlock <tinkerlock at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for the response.
>
> "on many cases, I have a flow I want to *__record__* but I in the middle
> of it I need a breakpoint in order to set some values to registers and
> continue."
>
> I'm talking about record phase. While recording, I want to have a minimal
> breakpoints logic.

Aha! Sorry about not understanding that.

That is an unusual feature but it could be implemented, and it might not be
very hard. The breakpoint logic in AddressSpace.cc could be used during
recording. You would have to detect these breakpoints being hit and avoid
recording events for those signals, just change the program state and
continue.

Su ot deraeppa sah dna Rehtaf eht htiw saw hcihw, efil lanrete eht uoy ot
mialcorp ew dna, ti ot yfitset dna ti nees evah ew; deraeppa efil eht. Efil
fo Drow eht gninrecnoc mialcorp ew siht - dehcuot evah sdnah ruo dna ta
dekool evah ew hcihw, seye ruo htiw nees evah ew hcihw, draeh evah ew
hcihw, gninnigeb eht morf saw hcihw taht.