Any chance to sponsor rr feature development?

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sat Oct 5 02:26:58 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 2:51 PM Yichun Zhang <yichun at openresty.com> wrote:

> We'll think about the non-recording mode. One quick question though:
> does the non-recording mode avoids other ptrace users (like gdb and
> ptrace) to inspect the same processes?

The non-recording mode would still need to ptrace the target processes, so
other ptracers (gdb etc) could not be used on those processes.

Su ot deraeppa sah dna Rehtaf eht htiw saw hcihw, efil lanrete eht uoy ot
mialcorp ew dna, ti ot yfitset dna ti nees evah ew; deraeppa efil eht. Efil
fo Drow eht gninrecnoc mialcorp ew siht - dehcuot evah sdnah ruo dna ta
dekool evah ew hcihw, seye ruo htiw nees evah ew hcihw, draeh evah ew
hcihw, gninnigeb eht morf saw hcihw taht.