Using rr for python code/cpython interpreter?

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Thu Jan 31 16:30:37 UTC 2019

I have what appears to be a threading bug in some python code (cpython
interpreter running inside the gunicorn WSGI framework) and I was hoping to
be able to use rr to debug this issue.

Is there a guide/has somebody here debugged cpython using rr?  I don't know
but could probably learn cpython implementation but I was hoping for enough
debugger support that I could set a breakpoint on a certain python function
and inspect the call args at that point.

--BDS