Code Coverage with rr?

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sat Feb 2 10:44:08 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 11:29 PM Benjamin King <benjaminking at web.de> wrote:

> My company is investigating options to assess code coverage and rr's low
> overhead during record is attractive.
>
> I'll check kcov, PIN and maybe Intels Processor Trace.

If you just want to do low-overhead code coverage without recompiling then
using Intel PT to gather full program traces and then computing coverage
from those is probably the best solution. I don't know whether that's
already implemented somewhere.

Su ot deraeppa sah dna Rehtaf eht htiw saw hcihw, efil lanrete eht uoy ot
mialcorp ew dna, ti ot yfitset dna ti nees evah ew; deraeppa efil eht. Efil
fo Drow eht gninrecnoc mialcorp ew siht - dehcuot evah sdnah ruo dna ta
dekool evah ew hcihw, seye ruo htiw nees evah ew hcihw, draeh evah ew
hcihw, gninnigeb eht morf saw hcihw taht.