Use rr for JVM process

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Apr 23 22:23:00 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 7:28 AM shang xinli <shangxinli at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Now I am able to record JVM application but I am facing the challenge of
> finding symbols when replaying it. In gdb, I can just run 'gdb
> /JAVA_HOME/bin/java core_file' and the JVM symbols are automatically
> loaded. How do I find those symbols in 'rr replay'?

It should work automatically pretty much the same as without rr. You may
need to study the commands here:
https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Files.html

We can't really help with this as it's a gdb problem, not an rr problem.

Su ot deraeppa sah dna Rehtaf eht htiw saw hcihw, efil lanrete eht uoy ot
mialcorp ew dna, ti ot yfitset dna ti nees evah ew; deraeppa efil eht. Efil
fo Drow eht gninrecnoc mialcorp ew siht - dehcuot evah sdnah ruo dna ta
dekool evah ew hcihw, seye ruo htiw nees evah ew hcihw, draeh evah ew
hcihw, gninnigeb eht morf saw hcihw taht.