Dynamic analysis using rr

Octav Chipara ochipara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 19:39:25 UTC 2018

Dear Rob,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am reading through the technical report. I do realize that the values of variables are not saved. I see two options to obtain them:

(1) I noticed that you are having a gdb session as part of rr replay. Would it be possible to retrieve variables by interacting with the gdb session?
(2) Alternatively, I could use an emulator (e.g., unicorn) to playback the traces after a syscall since they should be deterministic have no I/O.

Do you have any suggestions which approach may be easier?

— Octav