rr 4.6 imminent

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Sep 5 03:06:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> In theory that could break users who want to replay a trace whose name
> starts with '~'...
>
> It appears gud-gdb expands ~ for gdb but not for rr. I'll dig in a bit
> more.

OK, so GUD (in gud-common-init) expands only the first command-line
parameter. So you can fix this by creating a script 'rr-replay' that looks
like

#!/bin/sh
exec rr replay "$@"

and then run that from GUD and the parameter will expand as expected.

Currently when the first non-global-option argument is not a valid
subcommand we interpret the rest of the arguments as a command to be
recorded. I guess if the first argument is a directory with a `version`
file in it we could treat it as a trace to be replayed (and interpret any
following arguments as replay arguments). That would make replay slightly
more convenient. Worth it?