rr 4.6 imminent

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Sep 5 01:59:53 UTC 2017

I'm just about ready to release rr 4.6. I've run lots of runs of the test
suite in various configurations, fixed the intermittent failures I could
find, scanned the recent issues to make sure there's nothing there we
should fix for 4.6, and everything's looking pretty good AFAIK. This is an
important release since later this month Microsoft is going to release a
version of their "Time Travel Debugger" for Windows at CppCon, which may
trigger a surge of interest in such tools. Also it's the first release with
important features such as `rr pack`, trace portability, and a trace
compatibility plan.

Let me know if there's anything I'm missing that should get fixed for 4.6.

Thanks,