Quickly jump to event?

Benjamin King benjaminking at web.de
Tue May 23 18:22:56 UTC 2017

Hi Rob,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:39:19PM +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Benjamin King <benjaminking at web.de> wrote:
>
>    I have just learned that checkpointing with rr is working well. It would be
>    convenient if I could 'restart <X>' where X is an event number instead of a
>    checkpoint (event as in 'rr -M' or reported by 'when' from within gdb).
>
>    Is there a way to achieve that or something similar?
>

>`run <event>` should work.

Ah yes, that works, but I meant this:
  (rr) run 150000
  (rr) checkpoint
  (rr) run 200000
  (rr) run 150000 <- This starts from 0 for me, reproducing output etc
  (rr) restart 1  <- This goes to the same position more quickly

So to rephrase: Can I have the behaviour w.r.t. performance of the restart
command but with an event as an adress rather than a proper checkpoint? Or is
that not possible at all? Or am I missing something and the run command
already should do this?

Thanks,
  Benjamin